League Days: Tuesday (Ages 10-13), Thursday (Ages 14-18) 6 weeks – starting June 11th
Goals & Program Philosophies
- To take juniors off the lesson tee. By beginning the process of playing in a timely fashion, they can become part of the mainstream general playing population. Our goal is to encourage learning and focus on playing. As a player’s competitive skills and talents develop, they are encouraged to move to the IGA-PGA tour, or to other more competitive tournament venues.
- To begin to learn some of the social and cultural issues that arise when one is golfing with different skill-leveled players, score-keeping, rules confrontation, and general etiquette.
- To experience the bliss of an early morning on a golf course, and to miss the heavy traffic of a normal weekday morning.
- To give players new hope on every tee. We use a modified Stableboard Point Scoring System which puts a higher value on better hole scores, but doesn’t penalize the poorer hole scores.
- To exchange scorecards and to keep and use scores through a point system to measure and bench mark novice performance. The season-end pizza party and awards ceremony is a time for the players to reflect on and share their experiences.
Awards based on cumulative total points average
Based on 60% of rounds played
Triple Bogey- 1 Point
Double Bogey- 2 Points
Bogey- 3 Points
Par- 4 Points
Birdie- 5 Points
Eagle- 6 Points
– Child must be signed up in the appropriate age division
– GOAL playing time for 9 holes is 2 hours
– Maximum playing time for 9 holes is 2.5 hours
– Keep their own score & opponent’s score
– Has working knowledge of the USGA rules & etiquette
– Has own golf bag and clubs
– Appropriate dress attire
– Tennis or golf shoes –No cut-offs –No cut-off pants
– Player must carry his/her bag or use a pull cart
–League supervision will greet players 30 minutes before tee time and exchange scorecards, monitor and also play with the juniors each round, help make rules decisions, record and post current ranking of players.
-League includes: Prepaid green fees, golf-shop discounts, designer t-shirt, rules tag & JR card.
League Refund Policy
If an entrant withdraws prior to the start date, the entry fee (minus $20 for t-shirt & rules tags will be refunded). If an entrant withdraws on or after the start date, entry fees will not be refunded. Alternates not placed will be refunded the entire fee. Alternates will not receive their t-shirt & rules tags until placed.
League Spectator Guideline
Spectators are welcome and encouraged to attend league functions. Rules for spectators are as follows:
- Spectators should stay in the rough or on the cart paths.
- Although it may be tempting to give your junior golfer advice, it is not allowed. Players may be penalized for a violation.
- Players should not carry on conversations with spectators. This action could be construed as advice.
- The player is responsible for the actions of his/her spectators.
League Care for the Course
All players are expected to maintain the golf course by replacing divots, repairing ball marks, raking bunkers, etc. Any abuse to the course or other club facilities will result in immediate disqualification.
League Rules of Play
The 2018 JSGA Rules shall govern all play. Local Rules will be supplied as needed.
League Player Conduct
Any conduct which may be detrimental to our program or facilities will not be tolerated including swearing, club throwing or damage to the golf course or other player’s belongings. The first such instance of any of these actions may result in a warning, two shot penalty, or disqualification. Possession of alcohol or tobacco products, gambling, display of vulgar or abusive behavior will result in immediate disqualification. Multiple violations will result in dismissal from our junior programs.
League Rules, Violations & Cheating
Rules violations will be determined by the professional Golf Staff, and handled as prescribed by the USGA Rules of Golf.
If you are suspected of cheating, measures will be taken to monitor your score during future participation. If a player suspects another of cheating or violating a rule of golf, the player should seek a rules official as soon as possible to handle the situation. Cheating is strictly prohibited. Cheating will result in immediate disqualification from the Junior Golf Program with no refund.